Python is just as good as C++ for real apps

Cliff Wells logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 28 19:29:47 EST 2002

On 28 Jan 2002 19:16:18 -0500
Kragen Sitaker wrote:

> dman <dsh8290 at rit.edu> writes:
> > On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 03:59:00AM +0000, one2001boy wrote:
> > | C++ is for large-scale projects;
> >
> > No way :-).  Python is better for that!
> >
> > I'd like to see a statically-typed, compiled-to-native,
> > raw-pointers-included, python-like language.
>
> How about OCaml?  Or what do you mean by "statically-typed python-like"?

Isn't that a bit like a "bus-like motorcycle"?  Probably the closest thing
is C++ ;-)

--
Cliff Wells
Software Engineer

"Then with your new power you'll accomplish all sorts of cool stuff
 in no time, and We'll All Be Sorry.  At that point you can either
 gloat a bit, and then relent, or go ahead and send the robot army
 after us." - Quinn Dunkan