I need your experience - classification and comparison of languages

Yvan Radenac yvan.radenac at equant.com
Wed Jan 23 05:46:28 EST 2002

Yuri Leikind <YuriLeikind at scnsoft.com> wrote in message news:<3C4D6BB8.8221A58E at scnsoft.com>...
> Yvan Radenac wrote:
> >
> > I am writing a small report about "Object oriented languages and their
> > public implementations" for a course in Software Engineering.
> > I am trying to classify and compare different oo languages.
> > As i am not programmer, analyst or responsible of projects and the
> > criterias are subjective, i am interesting in your experiences of
> > object oriented language(s).
> >
> > I think that there's no universal language, so it's not to compare, in
> > a global way, each language.
> > The goal is to create some tables to find the best choice for a kind
> > of software development.
> >
> > Thanks you to complete the 2 tables below for each language you use.
> >

> You might find these pages useful:
>
> http://www.lib.uchicago.edu/keith/crisis/   (this one has some nice
> tables)
Thank you for this link, information are useful, like the expression
and simplicity of language, but it's old (1997).
> http://tunes.org/Review/Languages.html
This link don't work, ...
> http://www.chat.net/~jeske/Projects/ScriptPerf/
This link is interresting for the benchmarks of implementations,
that's not really that kind of information i search, i search more
general information, just before selecting a implementation ...
> http://www.bagley.org/~doug/shootout/
It's like the previous, but links on this page seem interresting like
"Cameron Laird's personal notes" are more about languages than
implementations.

The subject is more about software engineering.
Thank you
Regards,
Yvan