Embedding python in .so, /libpython2.2.a not position independent (hp-ux)??

Ville Vainio vvainio at karhu.tp.spt.fi
Wed Jan 16 04:27:03 EST 2002

I am trying to create a shared object, which embeds the python
interpreter.I execute the following:

ld -b +b/opt/python22/lib/python2.2/lib-dynload demo.o /opt/python22/lib/python2.2/config/libpython2.2.a -o demoso.so

And get this:

ld: DP relative code in file /opt/python22/lib/python2.2/config/libpython2.2.a(intobject.o) - shared library must be position
    independent.  Use +z or +Z to recompile.

What should I do to get it to work? Should I build a new libpython
(and the whole interpreter), and is there any "easy" way to accomplish
that? That is, where should I add $(CCSHARED) (defined to be +z on
hpux, -fPIC on linux).

--
Ville Vainio - http://www.tp.spt.fi/~vvainio - ICQ #115524762
 Wild geese have no intention to cast a reflection