Ruby Impressions

Giorgi Lekishvili gleki at gol.ge
Fri Jan 11 20:10:38 CET 2002

Hi all!

A few questions on Ruby:

- is there OO optional, like in Python?

-is it comparable with LISP in the same extent, as a functional
programming language, as Python?

-does it have as refind scientific stuff, like MMTK and SciPy?

I must say, that using 'self' each time is annoying, but it is not a
serious argument to drop using Python:)))

Nevertheless, it would be fine if there's something like DELPHI Pascal's
or VB's 'with' statement, e.g.,
with self:
    bla1
    bla2