Ignorance is not bliss

sameer sameer_ at email.com
Sat Jan 26 03:51:16 EST 2002

"Mark Sass" <sassman at nucentrix.net> wrote in message news:<1pp48.143$Ub7.5541 at eagle.america.net>...
> Hello,
>     I am trying to use threads to make something happen in parallel, and my
> poor procedural driven mind is lost.  Basically, I want to write to two
> separate databases using the mxODBC driver at the same time and be able to
> compare the return values to insure that the writes succeeded (the same
> number of writes are done to each database).  When I use threads to do this,
> I cannot seem to make it work.  I was doing the writes serially, but I ran
> into problems on large updates taking too long causing data problems, so I
> need the writes done in parallel.  I guess my mind was not made for parallel
> operations.  Can anyone point me to an example of parallel actions ?  I am
> doing this on Win2k if it matters.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>     Mark

Look to the thread and threading module in the Python Documentation.

Programming Python by Mark Lutz explains threading quite well, start
at pg. 95.  Additionally, there maybe a few online tutorials, try
google search.  There may also be an article or two on
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/

Sameer