ADO/ODBC/ASP/Python error

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Jan 8 18:36:57 EST 2002

"Jim Abrams" <jim at publishingresources.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9190BB8424FF4jimpublishingresourc at 209.249.90.101...
> "Steve Holden" <sholden at holdenweb.com> wrote in
> news:ntG_7.109150$2b1.4678955 at atlpnn01.usenetserver.com:
>
> > Unless you really want to use ADO, why not consider using a
> > DB API-conformant ODBC driver and doing your database work in Pure
> > Python? This will work fine under Active Scripting.
>
> Got any suggestions that are good and free for commercial use?

'Fraid not: the odbc module that comes with Win32all isn't that hot, and
mxODBC costs money. I will say that it's WORTH the money, but that is (of
course) a matter of opinion, as well as depending on the number you need to
roll out.

regards
 Steve
--