VIM - python errors after upgrading to Python 2.2 (Windows OLE)

Gerhard Häring gh_pythonlist at gmx.de
Tue Jan 29 11:12:10 EST 2002

Le 29/01/02 ? 07:59, P Adhia écrivit:
> I have few python macros that I load in my _vimrc file. I seem to have
> broken the perfect harmony of my Vim 6.0 (OLE) and Python 2.1 after I
> upgraded to Python 2.2.
> Here is what I did,
> - I uninstalled python 2.1
> - I installed python 2.2 in the same directory (c:\python)

You'll also need to recompile VIM against Python 2.2

> [..]
> It still prints "python 2.1 (#15, Apr 16 2001....". From what I can
> tell, I have completely uninstalled Python 2.1.

There's still a python21.dll in your Windows system32 directory.

> Is python support built into VIM OLE ?

No, but VIM is linked against python{major}{minor}.dll and Windows usually
won't uninstall a DLL as long as an app still refers to it. At least that's the
idea an installer *should*.

> Any help, preferably that allows me to keep Python 2.2, is welcome.

Sorry, you need to recompile VIM against Python 2.2. If you can't do that or
find a precompiled one on the web, just mail me directly and I'll build one
this evening. If you do find a precompiled one, however, would you please meail
me the link?

Gerhard
--
This sig powered by Python!
Außentemperatur in München: 9.7 °C      Wind: 5.4 m/s