[gush] ZODB, you rock!

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Jan 18 06:40:31 EST 2002

    Andrew> Note that the StandaloneZODB module in the cvs.zope.org
    Andrew> repository is much more up-to-date than the zodb.sf.net code,
    Andrew> with lots of bug fixes and 2.2 compatibility changes.  As soon
    Andrew> as someone at Zope Corp. makes a tarball (hint, hint), I'll be
    Andrew> taking my old distribution offline.

I noticed that at the bottom of each ViewCVS page there is a link entitled
"Download tarball".  I clicked that link on the StandaloneZODB page and was
rewarded with a 295kb gzipped tar file on my local disk:

    % ls -l StandaloneZODB.tar.gz
    -rw-rw-r--    1 skip     skip       295894 Jan 18 05:37 StandaloneZODB.tar.gz
    % tar tfz StandaloneZODB.tar.gz
    StandaloneZODB/
    StandaloneZODB/LICENSE
    StandaloneZODB/README
    StandaloneZODB/setup.py
    StandaloneZODB/test.py
    StandaloneZODB/BTrees/
    StandaloneZODB/BTrees/.cvsignore
    StandaloneZODB/BTrees/BTreeItemsTemplate.c
    StandaloneZODB/BTrees/BTreeModuleTemplate.c
    StandaloneZODB/BTrees/BTreeTemplate.c

so it seems you are free to remove your distribution if you like.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)