Shared libpython, PIC, whinery (was Re: Embedding python in .so, /libpython2.2.a not position independent (hp-ux)??

Ville Vainio vvainio at karhu.tp.spt.fi
Wed Jan 16 08:24:29 EST 2002

Oleg Broytmann <phd at phd.pp.ru> writes:

>    Why too much hacking? Thats' my build script (compiled from many sources

Not so much anymore; I decided not to make a libpython.sl, but instead
linked the now-PICced libpython2.2.a statically to the calling C
module, and then link the two to a .sl. Things seem to work now, and
the only change is -fPIC to the OPT variable in the Makefile.

--
Ville Vainio - http://www.tp.spt.fi/~vvainio - ICQ #115524762
 Wild geese have no intention to cast a reflection