Python to Java converters?

emp zuluimpi at _NOSPAM_hotmail.com
Fri Jan 18 17:11:15 EST 2002

> That said, porting is boring indeed. What I did to minimize the work was
> create a java superclass for the jython class to be ported.
> Then you need to port only the time critical methods, and move the
variables
> these methods use to the java superclass.

This is neat and simple. Heh, heh, obvious in retrospect (as are most
things).

Ype, thanks for the very detailed response. I can see you have been in the
same boat :) My application deals with real time stock data, and so it will
be interesting optimizing it. But since I save silly amounts of time in
Python, this will be fun stuff.

-Ed