What does Python fix?

Hans Nowak wurmy at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 16 23:13:57 EST 2002

Steven Majewski wrote:

> In Paul Graham's article  "What Languages Fix" :
>
>         <http://www.paulgraham.com/fix.html>
>
> he notes at the bottom that he doesn't know enough
> about Python to descript it.

Apparently he thinks he knows enough about it to
say

"The latest hot language, Python, is a watered-down
Lisp with infix syntax and no macros. A new Lisp
would be a natural step in this progression. I
sometimes think that it would be a good marketing
trick to call it an improved version of Python."

Section 11, http://www.paulgraham.com/popular.html

Humph.

--Hans (base64.decodestring('d3VybXlAZWFydGhsaW5rLm5ldA==')
       # decode for email address ;-)
Site:: http://www.awaretek.com/nowak/