OT again... is there an IMAP expert in the house?

Sheila King usenet at thinkspot.net
Mon Jan 28 21:28:57 EST 2002

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 19:58:46 -0600, "Chris Gonnerman"
<chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net> wrote in comp.lang.python in
article <mailman.1012269647.2050.python-list at python.org>:

> > I seem to recall something along these lines appeared here recently
> > that used NNTP for some internal communications, server having been
> > written in Python by a rather competent sounding Brazilian programmer
> > (so we're back on topic.)  Netscape & OE support that, I believe.
>
> I'd like to hear more about this...

NNTP does seem like it would solve a good number of the problems you are
having.

Check out the Hamster mail and news server. Free. Win32 platform.

You can interface mail so that it gates to a newsgroup (I believe). Create
your own internal newsgroups and forward the incoming email to the
appropriate newsgroups.

http://www.tglsoft.de/

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/

"When introducing your puppy to an adult cat,
restrain the puppy, not the cat." -- Gwen Bailey,
_The Perfect Puppy: How to Raise a Well-behaved Dog_