Ingmod on Python 2.2

Richard Townsend richard at NOstarfighterSPAM.freeuk.com
Wed Jan 16 13:36:49 EST 2002

Has anybody successfully built and tested the ingmod (Ingres DB access)
package on Python 2.2 (I didn't have any problems with it on Python2.1).

It builds OK, but when I run 'make test', I get the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ingtest.py", line 86, in ?
    for t in cu.description:
IndexError: tuple index out of range
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

Prior to this the test code has printed out all the elements of
cu.description ok.

Strangely, if I insert the line print dir(cu.description) before the for
loop, then the test runs through without errors!

I am attempting this on HP-UX11.0

I have tried to contact the author of the ingmod package, but so far have
received no reply.

regards,
Richard Townsend