What does Python fix?

Erno Kuusela erno-news at erno.iki.fi
Fri Jan 18 21:31:28 EST 2002

In article <101aca4.0201180912.288820ce at posting.google.com>,
martti at bellsouth.net (JMarttila) writes:

| Thank you Mark. I often read newsgroups through Google, as I am doing
| now. I usually want to scream. "PLEASE TOP POST!" When I read a
| newsgroup, I have already read the discussion. So I vastly prefer when
| someone just puts their response AT THE TOP.

a) please understand that the google groups archive is not the
purpouse for which usenet exists. usenet is primarily a interactive
medium in which people can share knowledge in semi real time.

b) even if you consider <URL: http://groups.google.com>, the context
argument still applies. it does no good to see the entirety of the
replied-to article in the bottom. it does a lot of good to see
the specific questions you are answering, since google groups
often retuns the answer instead of the question as the first
search result. you can always click the "view full thread" link
if you want to know the whole story.

  -- erno