How to break out of two nested for loops?

Mark McEahern marklists at mceahern.com
Thu Jan 24 13:47:11 EST 2002

Donn Cave wrote:
> I hate circular discussions.  To break directly out of two nested
> for loops, we have exceptions.  If the only reason not to use them
> is purely stylistic - that is, we're unable to account for it in a
> practical way - it seems to me that the issue is resolved.  We have
> what we need, any time we want it.

As an aside, Robert Nozick died yesterday.  This conversation reminds me of
one of his quotations I read yesterday, something about how philosophers try
to bludgeon people with their arguments.  He was like, "That's so uncool."
(Of course, he put it much more eloquently than I just did.)

Cheers,

// mark

p.s.  http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/2002/01.17/99-nozick.html