win32api --with-pymalloc

Alois Goller goller at tttech.com
Wed Jan 23 09:19:26 EST 2002

Hi,

I try to compile Python 2.1.2 under Windows with WITH_PYMALLOC defined. This
works fine, but I read that there might be problems with python extensions.
Well, I want to use  win32api and win32con in my code, too.

Neil Schemenauer wrote:
> Using pymalloc with threads should be safe as long as you don't have
> extensions that call pymalloc without the big lock held.

How do I see whether "the big lock" is held? Can I use Mark Hammond's win32
extensions together with WITH_PYMALLOC ?

Alois