Python Book

Michael Kelly mkelly2002NOSPAM at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 7 21:33:04 EST 2002

On Tue, 08 Jan 2002 01:29:46 GMT, Vibrev Lidobros <vibrev at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I am interested in learning the Python language and need some advice on
>which book i should start with. I have some programming experience in
>other languages. Does anyone have any comments about "Learning Python
>from O'reilly" ?

I haven't had a chance to look at that one
but I got The Quick Python Book from the
library and that got me up to speed doing
the basics like creating my own classes
and modules etc.. pretty well.

The main feature I liked was that as each new
area was introduced mention was made of stuff
you will need to know to do non-trivial programming
but the details were left for a later chapter, so you
could try out the code snippets without having to
get your mind around a whole bunch of nested
concepts.  Plus the author doesn't talk to you
as if you were a VB programmer. :)

Mike

--

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
    -- Groucho Marx