Python and TK possible with MacOS X ?

Hendrik Maeder maederh at uni-muenster.de
Thu Jan 31 15:07:45 EST 2002

Hi everyone,

I`d love to use python to create some GUI apps for MacOS X.

I downloaded a standard python 2.2 and compiled it, however, using
Tkinter is not possible under OS X, it needs an X server like XDarwin.
Unfortunately this is not an option, I need native-OS-X-TK... :-(

MacPython unfortunately has Tkinter support only under MacOS <9.x. The
Carbon version (OS X) just says "no module named Tkinter".

However, there IS a native recent TK port available from Apple.
Seems to consists of some dynamic libraries, nothing more.
Does anyone know if it is possible to get this to work with OS X?

Or does anybody know some workaround or other portable modules for GUI
programming that work with OS X?

Thank you very much,
Hendrik

--
Linux is good because it gives you reliability and stability.
Mac is good because it gives you stability and ease of use