NEWBIE: Confussed about Python!

Max Adams RubberDucky703 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 14 11:05:32 EST 2002

Hello, i'm new to python although not new to programming in general - i have
programmed in C++/Delphi/VB extensively.

I am looking at python and have been reading some documentation about it on
the web site python.org.
I have a few questions:

1)  Can python run on a web server, and does it provide the same
functionallity ASP and PHP do?

2)  I assume that when code is compiled by the interpreter it compiles to an
"a.out" executable under linux and a "program1.exe" under windows - the
filenames are not important what i am trying to assertane is, is code
compiled to a executable file format, or does more need to be done with it.

3)  How can python be linked to databases such as Ms Access and MySQL?

4)  What is python commonly used for?

I really appreciate your input on this.

Sorry if these are elementary questions - hey we all have to start
somewhere!

--
Thanks lots

Running Windows XP & Mandrake Linux