Autocoding project proposal.

Timothy Rue threeseas at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 26 09:02:14 EST 2002

On 25-Jan-02 18:28:11 phil hunt <philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:34:23 -0500, Steve Holden <sholden at holdenweb.com>
>wrote:
>>
>>Way back in the 1980's, someone wrote a program called "The Last One",

>Ah yes, I remember that. (I'm showing my age :-))

>>which
>>was intended to do all future programming for us. Nobody, we were told,
>>would ever need to program again, as the programming would be done by "The
>>Last One" and we would simply describe our tasks to it (isn't that
>>programming anyway?). I seem to remember they even had the nerve to bring
>>out "The Last One, Version 2",

>Perhaps they should have called it "The Last One Really This Time Honest"...

>>The criticism of your code is justified from an engineering point of view.

>500 lines in one function... pass the sick bucket, please.

Your the programmer genius, prove to me that the code don't work!

Show me where functions and whatever else you want to claim is the right
way to do it, can be done in a manner that improves the processing and
readability of the code.

otherwise you are using arrogance to try and fool others into believen
that the code don't work.

---
*3 S.E.A.S - Virtual Interaction Configuration (VIC) - VISION OF VISIONS!*
   *~ ~ ~      Advancing How we Perceive and Use the Tool of Computers!*
Timothy Rue      What's *DONE* in all we do?  *AI PK OI IP OP SF IQ ID KE*
Email @ mailto:timrue at mindspring.com      >INPUT->(Processing)->OUTPUT>v
Web @ http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/  ^<--------<----9----<--------<