installing python2.2 - failed paket dependencies

Gerhard Häring gh_pythonlist at gmx.de
Tue Jan 29 14:37:34 EST 2002

Le 29/01/02 ? 18:19, heinl raimund écrivit:
> i am a newbie in Linux (Suse 7.1)
>
> i would like to install python2.2   .
> i tried the following:
> #rpm -i python-2.2-3.i386.rpm
>
> Fehler:fehlgeschlagene Paketabhängigkeit    (German Texts)   - something
> like failure: something wrong with paket dependencies
> rpmlib(PartialHardlinSets) <= 4.0.4-1 wird von Pythobn-2.2-3 gebraucht
> libcrypto.so.3  wird von python-2.2-3 gebraucht
> libexpat.so.0  wird von python-2.2-3 gebraucht
> libssl.so.3 wird von python-2.2-3 gebraucht
> libtermcap.so.2 wird von python-2.2-3 gebraucht

This RPM won't install cleanly on your SuSE because it's built on a Redhat
system with a different set of libraries.

When I was using SuSE, I had good luck recompiling the source RPMs, but even
then I had to fix the SPEC file here and then (for example SuSE doesn't have an
expat-devel package, but the expat package also includes the header files).

The least frustrating experience will IMHO be to install all the necessary
development tools from CD and just recompile Python yourself from the source
distribution. It will then by default install in /usr/local. The advantage of
this approach is that it won't complain about missing dependencies, but simply
only compile the modules of those modules where configure finds the header
files.

Gerhard
--
This sig powered by Python!
Außentemperatur in München: 8.3 °C      Wind: 3.5 m/s