Autocoding project proposal.

Timothy Rue threeseas at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 23 13:07:40 EST 2002

On 21-Jan-02 07:59:29 phil hunt <philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>On Mon, 21 Jan 2002 02:01:27 GMT, Timothy Rue <threeseas at earthlink.net>
>wrote:
>>This posting is to introduce or suggest an open source software project
>>to produce a core tool that will allow an autocoding environment to be
>>developed, allowed to evolve in the open source software community and
>>spirit of. I believe we can overcome many of the problems that proprietary
>>autocoding systems inherently have (not to mention that existing
>>autocoding systems appear to be field/domain specific limited and that
>>it may be possible to beat this too.)

>When you say autocoding, what do you mean?

Programming is the act of automating the use of complexity that is made up
of simpler things. Done so that such complexity is easier to use. As such
the complexity of programming itself can be automated.

There is something of an inherent resistance to the project by those who
would feel threatened by such a tool.

The project I present is a tool that allows easier automation. It's more a
general automation tool than specific to autocoding, but inherently it
can be used to create an auocoding environment that even the typical user
could use.

It amounts to what would be a small shell and/or library containing nine
commands w/command options. It's really quite logical as it makes use of
existing integrated documentation/example code of what is in the format of
typical unix command, library quick reference, etc, manual pages. But can
handle alot more.

---
*3 S.E.A.S - Virtual Interaction Configuration (VIC) - VISION OF VISIONS!*
   *~ ~ ~      Advancing How we Perceive and Use the Tool of Computers!*
Timothy Rue      What's *DONE* in all we do?  *AI PK OI IP OP SF IQ ID KE*
Email @ mailto:timrue at mindspring.com      >INPUT->(Processing)->OUTPUT>v
Web @ http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/  ^<--------<----9----<--------<