get information from MS Outlook using Python

Kevin Altis altis at semi-retired.com
Wed Jan 16 17:46:07 EST 2002

There is some Outlook import code in the addresses sample that comes with
PythonCard.
  http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/

If you just want to look at the Outlook code, here's a link to the file in
cvs (sorry about the long URL):

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/pythoncard/PythonCardPrototyp
e/samples/addresses/outlook.py?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

The code was designed for importing the contacts from a local Outlook folder
into the dictionary used by addresses. I don't know whether it works with an
Exchange server or what you would need to tweek. The basic approach should
be the same, but you'll probably need to use a different folder id, etc.

I recommend the "Outlook 200 VBA Programmer's Reference" by Dwayne Gifford
and published by Wrox as a good book if you want to do much Outlook
programming. You should also look at:

http://www.slipstick.com/
and
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?URL=/library/officedev/odeopg/
deconunderstandingofficeobjectsobjectmodels.htm

Good luck,

ka
---
Kevin Altis