IMAP over SSL

Gerhard Häring gh_pythonlist at gmx.de
Thu Jan 31 12:06:10 EST 2002

Le 31/01/02 à 16:27, Silvano Maffeis écrivit:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to establish SSL connections from
> within a Python application?

Yes, that's possible if your Python's socket module is compiled with SSL
enabled.

> In particaluar I would like to use the Python IMAP module over SSL.

This doesn't work out of the box, but implementing it should be
straightforward. You can look at how smtplib does it (FakeSocket,
FakeFile classes and starttls method) for Python 2.2 (or CVS), then you
should be able to implement SSL for imaplib similarly.

Gerhard
--
This sig powered by Python!
Außentemperatur in München: 9.7 °C      Wind: 3.4 m/s