* separated values

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Jan 15 11:02:42 EST 2002

    Oleg> This means that Python developers will spend more and more time
    Oleg> supporting the library instead of working on the language and the
    Oleg> interpreter. This is wrong course.

The language is getting pretty "complete".  It's certainly mature.  I think
greater emphasis should be placed in two areas in the future: libraries and
performance.  Adding a module to the core doesn't mean the original author
can't continue to support it.  It means s/he may get more help.  Consider
xmlrpclib.  Fredrik Lundh still supports is as far as I know, but it also
lives in the Python core.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)