ip address?

Cliff Wells logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 25 20:32:46 EST 2002

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002 00:55:31 -0000
maximilianscherr wrote:

> thanks,
> but this just returns my lan ip and not my dynamic inet ip
>
> --- In python-list at y..., "Tim Peters" <tim.one at h...> wrote:
> > [maximilianscherr]
> > > how can i get the internet ip address of my connected pc?
> >
> > Give this a try; your money back if it blows up <wink>:
> >
> > import socket
> > myip = socket.gethostbyname(socket.gethostname())

I don't see any way of specifying which interface to use.  I suspect you're
going to be stuck with parsing ifconfig/ipconfig.

--
Cliff Wells
Software Engineer

"Then with your new power you'll accomplish all sorts of cool stuff
 in no time, and We'll All Be Sorry.  At that point you can either
 gloat a bit, and then relent, or go ahead and send the robot army
 after us." - Quinn Dunkan