Help needed: SOAP torture

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Tue Jan 8 18:05:43 EST 2002

"Whitney Williams" <whitney at telusmail.net> wrote in message news:<HRG_7.2365$XD6.166124 at localhost>...
> It's been a long week...
>
> Can anyone point me to a working example of a Python-based SOAP server (or
> an API from which one can be built) that can interoperate with M$ Soap
> clients? The various libraries I have tried are either incomplete or don't
> seem to work with the SOAP 2.0 SDK clients (soap.py came closest, but it
> refuses to honor client requests).

What else besides SOAP.py have you tried? Have you tried the ZSI package
available from the same site as SOAP.py. The ZSI package is actively being
looked after where SOAP.py isn't. Thus, if you have an issue with ZSI you
can at least work with the author to solve any problems. The best place to
post descriptions of problems is the "pywebsvcs" mailing list. It is a good
idea if you can post examples of the SOAP messages which give the package
a problem if you do so.