Which LIBC version under windows!!!!

Gerhard Häring gh_pythonlist at gmx.de
Fri Jan 25 16:56:11 EST 2002

Le 25/01/02 à 13:25, Angus Mackay écrivit:
> okay, this is driving me crazy.
>
> which LIBC version do I have to use to allow me to play nice with the FILE*'s
> that I get back from the python DLL?
>
> I can't believe how retarted windows is when it comes to LIBC. it boggles the
> mind.

The short answer to your question is: use distutils and it will just
work :)

IIRC it's the multithreaded MSVCRT one - I hope one of the Windows
wizards here will correct me if I'm wrong.

You can also check the distutils source (msvccompiler.py) for options to
use in your IDE or Makefiles. I'd suggest that the following options are
good for release/debug builds with MSVC++:

        self.compile_options = [ '/nologo', '/Ox', '/MD', '/W3', '/GX' ]
        self.compile_options_debug = ['/nologo', '/Od', '/MDd', '/W3', '/GX',
                                      '/Z7', '/D_DEBUG']

Gerhard
--
This sig powered by Python!
Außentemperatur in München: 2.9 °C      Wind: 2.0 m/s