Python Script

Henrik Motakef henrik at moskau.hmotakef.homeip.net
Tue Jan 1 04:24:27 EST 2002

"john duncan" <katie4 at eisa.net.au> writes:

>                     I use OpenBSD 3.0, which of these
> packages do I need to install to get it to run. The
> header line is  #!/usr/bin/env python2

Which one of the "python-2.1.1-XXX-tgz"s you install doesn't matter
much, try "man ports" and look for "flavors". All include the complete
Python distribution, and optionally thread and Tk (a GUI package)
support. If you have X installed, use the one with threads and tk
(which is, AFAIK, the default when you build it from
/usr/ports/lang/python).

However, in OpenBSD the python interpreter is installed as
/usr/local/bin/python2.1, symlinked to /usr/local/bin/python. So you
have to either change the script's first line, or, probably better,
create another symlink to "python2" somewhere in you path ("ln -s
/usr/local/bin/python2.1 /usr/local/bin/python2" should help).

hth
Henrik