[ANN] istring interpolated strings release 1.0

Steven D. Arnold stevena at neosynapse.net
Fri Jan 25 00:36:11 EST 2002

Neosynapse is pleased to announce the release of the istring
interpolated string class.  This class allows Python programmers to
interpolate variables directly in strings, providing a level of
readability and convenience that can be more difficult to attain with
the `%' notation.  However, since istrings descend directly from
full-fledged Python strings, you still keep all the flexibility of `%'
notation should you wish to use it, and you get all the other features
you expect from a Python string, including slicing and usability in a
regular expression.

As a very simple example, istring allows you to do things like this:

>>> j = 3
>>> istring("The value is $j")
"The value is 3"

The istring class understands and works with lists, dictionaries,
functions and class methods.

istring may be downloaded at:

    http://www.neosynapse.net/interpolated_string.htm

The istring class was developed with SQL in mind, but it may be used
for a wide variety of purposes.  istring and related modules are
licensed under the Neosynapse Community License, which allows use,
redistribution and modification without a fee, and for any purpose
including commercial purposes.  Neosynapse welcomes feedback for
improvement of the class.  Please send your comments and questions
directly to me.  Thanks, and I hope you enjoy using the istring class!

Steven D. Arnold                                    Neosynapse
stevena at neosynapse.net                        Managing Partner
AIM: abraxan                       MSN: neosynapse at hotmail.com