.asp pages only shown once when using Python as language

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Wed Jan 23 06:22:24 EST 2002

I have installed Python 2.2 on a windows 2000 Professional edition.

If I run the below program it shows the content exactly once ... on
subsequent reloads of the page I get nothing returned.

<% @Language = "Python" %>
<%
content = "Killroy was here ..."
%>
<head>
<title>test</title>
</head>
<%= content %>

If I change the @ directive to <% @Language = "VBScript" %> or <%
@Language = "JScript" %> it works like a charm.

I also have several older, and used to work, Python based .asp pages
that wil only load once too.

So it is Python that is the problem. And usually I have no problems
using Python on the IIS.

The only time I have had similar problems was when there was security
problems, with IIS_USER not having the right permissions in a wwwroot
sub-folder.

So my guess is that the new permissions settings in Python that should
prevent the security issues with regards to scripting in IE is giving me
these problems. Or else I have not got a clue.

Has anybody else got one?

regards Max M