New Time format

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Jan 28 08:55:10 EST 2002

"Dale Strickland-Clark" <dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk> wrote in message
news:p95a5ugd17gvjga692jvq0c8dq352o6vc1 at 4ax.com...
> Laura Creighton <lac at strakt.com> wrote:
>
> >Better yet, modify Cliff Well's nice __isotime function to PRINT the
> >time.strftime format you want in addition to the formatted output.
> >Then stick that function wherever you keep your programming tools.
> >Then every time you need to use strftime, run the program and jam
> >in whatever format you forgot into your real program.   This will
> >save agony in maintainability headaches later.
> >
> >Laura Creighton
> >

> The various roll-your-own solutions are all very nice and I've written
> similar myself but they don't match the convenience of having it in
> the standard library - especially when it comes to distributing
> software.

This may be true, but I think the point is that if you can construct it from
existing library components in less than fifty lines of Python you ahve no
business to be adding it to the library unless universal need can be
demonstrated.

regards
 Steve
--