NEWBIE: Confussed about Python!

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Jan 14 14:35:11 EST 2002

"Max Adams" <RubberDucky703 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:GzF08.430$Tu1.73335 at news1.cableinet.net...
> OK, But...
>
> I've been checking out the modules for Python and all of the ones i have
> been looking at are for Apache/Linux.  Are there modules like Python for
> IIS?  So that I can then use the DBmodules to run the script which is
> running on an IIS server.

I believe I mentioned the Win32all extensions: this adds Active Scripting to
Python, so a .asp script can use <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="PYTHON">, or declare
Python as the default language and simply use <% ... %> like everything
else.

> An NT server, is I imagine is the only way I can use ms access (ADO/JET)
and
> MySQL at the same time.

Unless you want to play games with remote objects, in which case you can do
pretty much what you want. But let me underline the fact that although the
Jet database has to be local (a network share would be acceptable), the
MySQL database can be on any network-accessible server.

regards
 Steve
--
http://www.holdenweb.com/