Distributing Python, slimer?

Jedi Master Yoda yoda at dagobah.org
Thu Jan 10 20:10:40 EST 2002

On 09 Jan 2002 09:34:51 GMT, Sébastien SAUVAGE <nospam at sebsauvage.net>
spouted:
> I successfuly created standalone EXE with the wonderful 'Installer' from
> McMillan. Works beautifully, and it's free.
> http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/install1.html

It is indeed excellent, but currently doesn't work on Solaris platforms
(that I know of). I have fudged the problem by distributing the Python
interpreter plus required Tk libraries and .pyc modules with my software,
though this is probably highly illegal.

A neat distribution solution for Solaris would help Python's success on
that platform, IMO.

--
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed
in overalls and looks like work."            - Thomas Edison