Performance Issues with Threaded Python Network Server

Joao Prado Maia JMaia at lexgen.com
Wed Jan 16 09:19:04 EST 2002

> > Please be aware that this is my first real-world python
> project, so please
> > be gentil if you see something stupid in my code ;)
>
> Well the code looks like you know what you're doing. And a
> good idea it is
> too. What I find missing is a script to create the database,
> with a function
> to create new groups.

Well, the python server is supposed to work in paralel with the actual
message board software, which does everything related to the database,
managing users and so on. The server just inserts a new row on the
appropriate table with the article posted by the user.

I'm thinking on even setting a constant on the code that even tells the
server to act as a read-only server and start ignoring postings. In any
case, you are right, I should add a little bit more of documentation but I'm
still researching on the matter and finding problems that need to be fixed.

--Joao

--
Joao Prado Maia
Software QA

 The contents of this communication are intended only for the addressee and
may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this
communication and notify the sender.  Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this communication that do not relate to the official
business of my company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
it.