Python is just as good as C++ for real apps

dman dsh8290 at rit.edu
Tue Jan 29 07:10:22 EST 2002

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 07:16:18PM -0500, Kragen Sitaker wrote:
| dman <dsh8290 at rit.edu> writes:
| > On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 03:59:00AM +0000, one2001boy wrote:
| > | C++ is for large-scale projects;
| >
| > No way :-).  Python is better for that!
| >
| > I'd like to see a statically-typed, compiled-to-native,
| > raw-pointers-included, python-like language.
|
| How about OCaml?  Or what do you mean by "statically-typed python-like"?

I mean something that has the low-level qualities of C (suitable for
making a kernel, device driver, malloc/free, or performance critical
sections of the program) but still looks like Python does (indentation
for semantics, etc).  I don't have a very precise notion apart from
replacing C as Python's complement.

-D

--

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to
look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from