append IFrames

K.Prasanna Kumar kprskumar at rediffmail.com
Sat Jan 26 00:07:20 EST 2002

Dear gurus,

  I am developing a Chat Application which uses Applets, Javascript,
and html.
Applet is signed. The following diagram will explain my text chat
area.

------------------------
|                      |
|                      |
||-------------------| |
||                   | |
||                   | |
||   This Area       | |
||  is IFrame.    ----------------->  I am writing <html>
||                   | |              tags here inorder to display the
||                   | |              message type.
||                   | |
||                   | |
||                   | |
||                   | |
||                   | |
||-------------------  |
|  <TextArea >         |
|----------------------|

Iframe works fine.But unfortunately, ( IFrame scrlling = auto) the
write method
in Iframe just adds the html tags directly to the Iframe window. My
need is:
I want the IFrame to scroll upwards automatically when the Iframe
window is full. It adds scroll bars but it is not scrolling upwards
when the Iframe window is full.(in chat the vertical scroll bar should
move upward if the chat window is full)

I need this urgent because my whole project is affected by this.
Send your messages to kprskumar at rediffmail.com,rampaadh at yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance!