Python MSVC++ binaries considered evil

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Thu Jan 24 17:16:17 EST 2002

[J.Jacob]
> I was hoping the core Python developers would post a reaction as to if
> they have any plans or ideas to free Python from MSVC++.

PythonLabs has no Windows plans beyond keeping the status quo in working
order, and no bandwidth to think about MSVC alternatives.  So support for
alternatives will have to originate from, be resolved within, and
implemented by the community.  Windows volunteers have been extraordinarily
rare over Python's lifetime, so I don't offer much hope except in special
cases (for example, Jason Tishler and the Cygwin folks have been doing a
great job for that platform; we rarely get Borland patches).