How do you upgrade python?

Cliff Wells logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 25 15:06:01 EST 2002

On 24 Jan 2002 19:16:42 -0800
Aahz Maruch wrote:

> In article <66e1d480.0201241636.f6f368 at posting.google.com>,
> binzdupe9 <auto303982 at hushmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >Been using Linux for years. Never needed to upgrade python until now.
> >Now needing to upgrade python 2.0.1 to 2.2. for certain programs.
> >Compiling is not an issue. My question is, is there a way to migrate all
> >of the previously installed modules to 2.2, or will I need/have to
> >recompile everything? I don't want to have two versions of python.
> >If this question has been addressed in python's docs, I must have missed
> >it.
>
> If you're talking about external C modules, yes, you'll have to
> recompile.

And if you're using RedHat, beware of removing Python 1.5.2 as they have
scripts that depend on it and AFAIK they haven't been confirmed to work on
2.2

--
Cliff Wells
Software Engineer

"Then with your new power you'll accomplish all sorts of cool stuff
 in no time, and We'll All Be Sorry.  At that point you can either
 gloat a bit, and then relent, or go ahead and send the robot army
 after us." - Quinn Dunkan