* separated values

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Thu Jan 17 10:17:50 EST 2002

"Mark McEahern" <marklists at mceahern.com> wrote in message
> Steve Holden wrote:
> > It would be really nice if modules could be added the same way that the
> > Cygwin distribution adds packages. I'm hoping that's where Siphon is
going
> > eventually, but I haven't had time to look it over yet.
>
> Yes, but have you used the latest setup for cygwin?  If you start out
trying
> to make a clean install of everything, you are forced to go through and
> toggle the packages that set to skip to the current version.  In other
> words, installing everything is not a snap, as imho it should be (and iirc
> was).

Nope, haven't tried a clean re-install over an existing cygwin. Isn't there
a configuration file you can delete before re-installation to avoid this
tedious behavior?

I thought that's what setup.ini was for. If it is, of course, it would be
nice if setup gave you a prominent checkbox with dire warnings to allow you
to do this automagically.

if-it-isn't-then-i'm-sure-i'll-find-out-ly y'rs  - steve
--
Consulting, training, speaking: http://www.holdenweb.com/
Python Web Programming: http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/