a few more questions on XML and python

Rajarshi Guha rxg218 at psu.edu
Thu Jan 3 23:41:51 EST 2002

On Thursday 03 January 2002 21:38 in comp.lang.python Martin v. Loewis
wrote:

> Rajarshi Guha <rxg218 at psu.edu> writes:
>
>> Or am I supposed to just do the handling by extractin the information
>> provided by expat. If so is there any type of 'hook' system where I can
>> plug in my handlers.

[snip]
> Alternatively, you may want to look at the DOM API. There, the parser
> reads the entire document first, and gives you a tree structure. You
> can then traverse this tree structure as you want.

Thanks for the pointer regarding DOM - it was very useful.
I do have another question - how can I traverse the tree and see what
available tags got read in? Where can I look up the methods available and
the actual tree structuire? I tried reading the actual .py file but I got
all mixed up - is there any reference to the available methods.?

TIA,

Rajarshi Guha                  | email: rajarshi at presidency.com
417 Davey Laboratory           | web  : www.rajarshi.outputto.com
Department of Chemistry        | ICQ  : 123242928
Pennsylvania State University  | AIM  : LoverOfPanda
GPG Fingerprint: DCCB 4D1A 5A8B 2F5A B5F6  1F9E CDC4 5574 9017 AF2A
Public Key     : http://pgp.mit.edu/