OT: cultural norms (was Re: What does Python fix?)

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Fri Jan 18 14:05:22 EST 2002

In article <mailman.1011376408.25906.python-list at python.org>,
Mark McEahern <marklists at mceahern.com> wrote:
>Aahz Maruch--perhaps unwittingly; if so all the better--offers us a slice of
>irony early in the morning:
>>
>> Tell me, if you're not willing to follow cultural norms, why should
>> people pay attention to you?
>> --
>>                       --- Aahz  <*>  (Copyright 2002 by aahz at pobox.com)
>>
>> Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6
>> http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
>> Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het Pythonista
>
>That made my day, you subversive you.

You've posted enough that I think I don't really need to spell this out
for you, but in case it isn't obvious to other people:

There's a big difference between the behavior one chooses in one's
personal life (as exemplified by my .sig) and the behavior one uses in
interacting with other people, particularly in public.  For example, I
think that few people in this newsgroup would pay attention to a post
written in Japanese.  Top-posting falls into the latter category.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                 http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

"I support family values -- Addams family values" --www.nancybuttons.com