distutils on windows, file placement

Syver Enstad syver-en+usenet at online.no
Sun Jan 20 07:12:15 EST 2002

Juhu, so it's fixed in 2.2, that's great!

Is the problem with running
distutils setup.py file like this under windows also fixed?

setup.py sdist

This cause disutils to fail to include the setup.py file because
sys.argv[0] has the full path instead of just the filename when python
files are invoked in this manner under windows.

Another problem with distutils on python 2.1 is that the scripts
specified in the setup.py are not included in a distribution, neither
are the MANIFEST.in file.

The situation I am talking about is of course when you don't have a
MANIFEST file, and your MANIFEST.in does not include the files that
are mentioned in the setup.py file. It's no big deal to make a
MANIFEST.in file that handles this but I think the defaults should be
reasonable so as to make distutils as easy to use as zipping your
python modules together, because then there is a fair chance it's
going to be used too.

I've made patches for all these problems, but they are maybe fixed in 2.2?

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad