49 new online articles about Python since Xmas

Hans Nowak wurmy at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 7 13:29:46 EST 2002

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> Hans Nowak <wurmy at earthlink.net> wrote:
> >> It has missed all Python articles at InformIT -- and I know that there
> >> are quite a few, since I wrote them myself.
>
> > That's because it currently doesn't scan InformIT. Of course, that
> > can be changed... I'll see what I can do. (Unfortunately, not every
> > site can be queried easily, so I cannot guarantee anything at this
> > point.)
>
> InformIT might be difficult...

I have something that correctly extracts the links to the 33 articles...
There's a session ID in the URL, though, and I don't know if this
expires and renders the URL useless after a short while. Also, when
you click on it, InformIT prompts you to login and/or register. This
is the same behavior as when you click on a link on the InformIT site,
but I don't know if it's desirable.

I guess I can try if those URLs-with-IDs still work in a few hours,
and create an account, to see what the consequences are if I put
these links up. By the way, for now I only wrote an extractor for the
articles, not for the book reviews and other stuff that's there.

--Hans (base64.decodestring('d3VybXlAZWFydGhsaW5rLm5ldA==')
       # decode for email address ;-)
Site:: http://www.awaretek.com/nowak/