How easy is it to create graphical user interface with Python?

Matthias Baas baas at ira.uka.de
Tue Jan 22 03:58:19 EST 2002

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002 14:53:50 +0000, Dale Strickland-Clark
<dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk> wrote:
>wxPython is a delight to use and produces results indistinguishable
>from VB, Delphi and suchlike, although if you haven't used a windows
>API before, give yourself a day or so to get to grips with the
>concepts.

Is there a (free) GUI builder tool for wxWindows availble like
QtDesigner for Qt/PyQt?

I have only used wxPython a little so far. I did like it but then I
found out that there is PyQt (I've used Qt before in C++ programs).
And the main two reasons why I still would prefer PyQt over wxPython
is QtDesigner and the excellent documentation from Trolltech (well,
IMHO). On the other hand, if you don't want to write free Open Source
applications Qt is a bit expensive for the hobbyist.
So, wxWindows would be great if there was a similar tool like
QtDesigner (btw, has anybody already written a ui compiler that
translates the output of QtDesigner into a wxPython program? Would it
be possible?)

- Matthias -