comparation of Python with other languages

phys137 at mailcity.com phys137 at mailcity.com
Sun Jan 20 16:32:40 EST 2002

I wonder what other options are you considering. Python definitely looks
like a good candidate and I wouldn't worry about performance when done with
nympy.

But I would also check out SCILAB, which is a free MATLAB-like program, very
much into singnal processing and numerical stuff.

And, naturally, Mathematica, costly but worth its price. Since version 4.0
with fast numerics, too...

news:a2eebo$lpd$1 at talia.mad.ttd.net...