* separated values

Mark McEahern marklists at mceahern.com
Thu Jan 17 10:58:54 EST 2002

Oleg Broytmann wrote:
>    All of this (I pay for traffic, for example, and traffic is expensive
> here), and more.

That's a legitimate concern.  The current download 2.2 is 7MB, right?

>    The problem is in the word "commonly".

Good point.  I guess I'd say if over 50% of the folks routinely use
something, that's common.  So what does routinely mean?  ;-)

>    What is that "common" number of packages that you want to
> include? Those that you personnaly use?

No, ideally, the standard library would include things that I don't
personally use.  Seriously.  Are you saying you want to tailor the Python
distribution to suit your specific needs?

Cheers,

// mark