RELEASED - StandaloneZODB 1.0 release candidate 1

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Tue Jan 29 00:31:31 EST 2002

Richard Jones <rjones at ekit-inc.com> writes:

> This package is perfectly usable _right_now_ for Python programs that need a
> data store. No longer do we have to shoe-horn our programs into an SQL
> framework.

Note that ZODB has also been usable in the past (we've been using it
for one of our internal applications for a bit over a year now, since
11/2000) just by downloading Zope and taking out the portions that
were needed or through Andrew's earlier packaging.

But I think it's terrific that it's being formally packaged up in a
standalone mode since I think it's an extremely useful system in its
own right and even independent of Zope.  It certainly saved us a bunch
of headaches in terms of state maintenance.

--
-- David