New online index to Beazley's tutorials

Garry Hodgson garry at sage.att.com
Tue Jan 8 16:14:46 EST 2002

dsavitsk wrote:

> not quite right.  every site that the user pays for as a service should
> provide a usable interface or be willing to give a refund.  browsers are
> free. you can download a more up to date one from www.mozilla.org.

not quite right.  changing one's browser can be fraught with peril,
particularly if you also use it as an email reader.

> 'jeery c'
> was more than gracious with his time.  if a user is unwilling to enable
> javascript, that user does not *deserve* a javascript free version.

agreed.  no one owns anyone anything.  had the request been phrased as,
"it might be nice if..." it might've been better received.

in a different context, i've had a running fight with my township, who
stupidly built the township web site so you can only view it with IE.
the public access computers in our local library (running netscape)
cannot even get to its own web site.  when i complained, i got a
high handed, "you should upgrade to IE", which would be unacceptable
even if i used windows, which i do not.

--
Garry Hodgson                   Let my inspiration flow
Senior Hacker                      in token rhyme suggesting rhythm
garry at sage.att.com