What does Python fix?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Fri Jan 18 09:27:33 EST 2002

"Steve Lamb" <grey at despair.dmiyu.org> wrote in message
news:slrna4f5pa.mgf.grey at teleute.dmiyu.org...
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 02:39:46 GMT, Courageous <jkraska at san.rr.com> wrote:
> > Because Outlook does it by default? :)
>
>     Actually it doesn't.  People are just stupid and presume that since
the
> cursor is at the top you just put the text there.  All of my email,
newsgroup,
> BBS and fido editors always placed the cursor at the time.  Where else are
you
> going to start to cull effectively, the bottom?

Outlook Express, at least (I don't use Outlook), not only puts the *cursor*
at thetop, it puts the bloody sig block at the top as well. So a newless
clubie is extremely likely to simply start typing above the signature, at
the conveniently-inserted blank space.

sick-of-cutting-and-pasting-ly y'rs  - steve
--
Consulting, training, speaking: http://www.holdenweb.com/
Python Web Programming: http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/